menu : child legal info
SAFETY TIPS FOR CHILDREN
- Know your name, parent’s names, address, and contact number:
- Have a “Call List” and know how and when to use it. Such as parents, relatives, family doctor etc.
- Do not eat anything given by a stranger.
- Do not share address and phone details with a stranger.
- Never go anywhere with a stranger.
- If you get lost, stay where you are or go to the nearest police station.
- Do not walk off alone.
- No one is allowed to touch your body.
- It’s OK to be RUDE to a grown-up if you feel you are unsafe.
- Learn the difference between an “OK” secret and a “NOT OK” secret and beware of an adult that asks you to keep a secret from your parents.
- If you are ever “picked up,” by some person, scream, kick, bite and FIGHT as hard as you can to get away! NEVER trust what the “Person” you tells.
- Tell your parents or a trusted adult if someone is asking you to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable. Listen to your “Uh Oh” voice.
- Never talk to people online without your parent’s permission.
- Playing or experimenting with fire is a BIG NO.