Privacy Privacy Statement
Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN-Goa) is committed to protecting your privacy. It is also committed to protecting the privacy of the children, young people, victims of crime and children in conflict with law we support.
This statement describes how Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN-Goa) collects and uses personal information about people who visit our website and how we protect the privacy of the children and young people we support. The terms of this statement may change, so please check it from time to time.
How do we collect information?
We obtain personal information from you when you contact us by email, subscribe to our newsletter, make a donation to us, make a Gift Aid Declaration or otherwise provide us with personal information. We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example from our service providers.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include name, email address, postal address, date of first contact etc. We also gather general information about the use of our website, such as which pages users visit most often.
How do we use this information?
When you supply information for a particular purpose we will use that information for a particular purpose. Otherwise in general we will use your personal information:-
- To provide you with the information/services you have requested.
- For admin purposes
- To further our charitable aims including for fundraising activities We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. We do not share email addresses with outside parties
- Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN-Goa) does not sell, rent, give-away or share its e-mail addresses or other information with outside sources.
You have a choice about whether you want to receive information about our progress and fundraising activities. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Automatic Collection of Information
Some information is collected automatically each time visitors access our website. This includes:-
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you use to access our Web site. The IP address is a number that uniquely identifies your computer on the Internet. Without this number, our servers would not know where to send back the information you are requesting.
- The date and time you “hit” each page on our site.
- The page you are requesting.
- The Web browser and computer operating system you are using to access our site.
- The address of the site or page you came from to our site. None of the above contains any personally identifiable information and will be used for purposes of analyzing web site traffic and making improvements for visitors to our web site. The collection of such information is standard procedure.
Commitment to Data Security
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Outside Parties
We may pass your information to our service providers for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you. Where we use service providers we will make sure there are appropriate controls in place. We may also need to disclose your information if required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or if we have your permission to do so. We will not sell any information about your web browsing activity.
By providing us with your personal data you consent to the collection and use of this information in accordance with the purposes described above and this privacy statement. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions outside the UK if necessary for the above purposes. Right of access you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you wish to exercise these rights email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Our website may include links to websites run by other organisations. Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN-Goa) is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites so you should read their privacy policies.
The Privacy of the Children We Support and Information in our Communications
Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN-Goa) is a charity which supports disadvantaged children and young people. In accordance with our Child Protection Policy we try to protect the privacy of those we help and avoid giving too much information on individual children in any publication whether electronic or printed. We have a clearance process for use of photos and avoid in general using children’s real names. We only use photos where we have relevant necessary permission. Some photos used on our website are of children who have since grown up and are no longer recognizable. We believe that supporters are generally aware of the difficulties that disadvantaged children living in Goa face and we therefore avoid sending out or publicizing emotive stories and photographs. We aim not to focus on negative images and stories but to protect the dignity of the children and young people we support and to send positive images and information about what has been achieved. © March 2017 Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN-Goa)